Saturday, July 9, 2011

don't worry God, i'm strong enough.

Now that summer is well underway, I've decided to post another blog. ;) This summer has started so great. I'm working multiple jobs, and staying very busy. I'm loving spending time with my family, but also realizing how excited I am to be on my own and discovering life beyond my imagination. I had the opportunity to go camping last weekend with my family and some family friends. It was so fun to just get away from the busyness for a while and play card games, kayak, boat, eat s'mores, and just share incredibly valuable time with the people that I love, and the people that love me unconditionally.

I've been realizing the absolute, unconditional love God has for me. It's amazing to see how even when I'm falling away from Him, or when I'm not giving Him as much attention as He is absolutely worth of, He still works in my life. He sends reminders in the smallest ways, and it makes me feel so small and helpless. He reminds me that I am weak. I can't do it alone, and I should've stopped trying to do it alone a really long time ago. I'm not strong enough to do it by myself. I need his Hands of Mercy to cover me. I don't need to be strong enough. I can't be strong enough.

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:12-13

"...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

1 comment: