Sunday, October 23, 2011

Free to Be Me

Well, I am now celebrating my last few hours of being 20. The song "Free to Be Me" by Francesca Battistelli kind of became my theme song for the last year of my life. I felt like I could relate to it in so many ways, aside from the fact that the first line says, "At 20 years of age, I'm still lookin' for a dream..." My year being 20 really was a year of searching. But now that this year has come to a close, I am looking back at it realizing how much seeking and finding I actually did. I found myself. I found my lost relationship with God. I found my husband. I found my best friend. I found my lost relationship with my parents. I found God's calling for my life. I found my dream.

I know everything isn't solved. And I know it never will be, but I do know that this coming year will bring new adventures, new challenges, new unknowns, and new people. But you know what? I'm still me. I'm just being molded, shaped, and formed like clay so that I can better serve my Creator. And that's okay with me.

So.. 21? Bring it.

"But now, O LORD, you are our Father;
we are the clay, and you are our potter;
we are all the work of your hand."
Isaiah 64:8

No comments:

Post a Comment