Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Inadequate

Who are we to expect someone to die for us to pay the ransom for our souls? On this earth, someone would probably not die for someone who is "righteous." Someone may lay their life down for someone else if they were a good person tho. Our Lord and Savior died for us, unholy, wretched, sinners. He laid his life down for ours, and we are bad people! We are inadequate candidates of his love and affection. We are undeserving! We do nothing, and He loves us. He picks us up, carries us, comforts us, and always allows us to come back to Him. I remember my parents telling me when I was younger that there was nothing I could do that would make them love me less, and that was true. The same goes for our heavenly Father. He loves us, and there's nothing we can do to make Him love us less. Isn't that amazing?

Romans 5:6-8
"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

No comments:

Post a Comment