Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day Six: Speechless

This blog was never meant for me or my personal benefit, but here I am, being blessed. In my efforts of living simply, I have received so many blessings in my relationships, my finances, and my walk with the Lord. I am blown away! I feel so at peace with everything in my life. My stress levels have gone down, I'm sleeping better, I feel better. It's amazing!

If any of you know my mom, you know that she is absolutely wonderful. She is the most caring, understanding, reliable woman in the world. I don't ever remember a time when she was late picking me up, forgot about me, or anything. (Although when you went to the same school your mom worked at all through grade school and high school....) And now, I can call her any time and she'll answer the phone, drop everything she's doing, and talk to me. I can call her at the most random times and she'll talk or listen. She never gets mad if I don't have anything specific to talk about. She listens to me. She respects me. She loves me. And I love that! 

So today I was walking through Target, and I picked up some Starburst Jelly Beans, and continued to pick up the other few things I needed. I was walking and thinking and then I stopped. I thought to myself: "Why am I buying candy? I do not need candy! That is such a waste of money! Its not living simply! It's unhealthy!" So I put it back on the shelf. This is the kind of stuff that is hard for me. I have such a sweet tooth, but its so bad for me. I really need to try to not buy the candy/food that the first or second ingredient starts with the words "high fructose." 

So I'm sitting at Avant Garden Coffee shop in Anoka, which is where Jeremy works. I love being here when he's working :) Its the only time I want to flirt with the guy behind the counter. He probably hates it.. I love listening to him have conversations with random customers and just listening to his voice. I kind of like secretly knowing that no one else in the coffee shop knows that we're dating. It's kind of fun. :)

The reason for this long post is because I'm procrastinating reading 2 Samuel 10-24 for a quiz on Tuesday... 

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14


;)

1 comment: