Monday, March 14, 2011

Day Twelve

Spring has [unofficially] sprung in Minneapolis. This week it's supposed to get as warm as in the upper 50's! I am so pumped. I might even break out the sandals. It's quite exciting. I think this city needs some sun!

This weekend I spent a lot of time at Caribou trying to study for my tests today, which didn't go so well. My motivation for trying to do the homework and study is quickly wearing off because I am getting just as good of a grade on the tests/quizzes after doing the homework and studying as I am without doing the homework and studying. I've never been a good test taker. That's why I think art is calling my name. :)

Recently I have been learning patience and trust. I need to be able to trust that even if I don't know the plan or the "next step," someone else does. I need to be able to be patient to see how God will lay that plan out in my life and what he will do in my life to prepare me for the next thing.

My mom is coming to visit March 30-April 3. I am so excited to show her my job, my school, my dorm room, for her to meet my roommate, see where I shop, everything! It's going to be a blast.

I'm still trying to catch up with the losing an hour of sleep thing... I didn't get much sleep this weekend, really... Maybe a good nap one of these days will do me good... :)

Eating Gluten and Dairy free has been challenging lately. I am finding that all that sounds appetizing is bagels, muffins, yogurt, cheese, etc... I did make myself a pizza on Friday, and that was delicious, but I discovered that more than 1 lactose pill in a weekend doesn't do the body good. I am never doing that again! I'm hoping that one day I'll be able to eat wheat and dairy again, because those are my favorite foods!

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him." Psalm 34:8

No comments:

Post a Comment