Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day Three: Food, etc...

Well, it's day three, and I want to mention a few of the things I have discovered that I love eating on my gluten-free diet.

  • Muddy Buddies (a.k.a. Puppy Chow)
      • 9 cups Rice Chex Cereal (or Corn Chex)
      • 1 cup chocolate chips
      • 1/2 cup of peanut butter
      • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
      • 1 tsp. vanilla
      • 1/4 cup butter
    • Melt together butter, peanut butter, and chocolate chips in a 1 quart microwave safe bowl
    • Pour chocolate mixture over cereal
    • Place into 2 quart ziploc bag
    • Shake powdered sugar and chocolate covered-cereal together until equally distributed.
  • Fruit: Apples, Bananas, Peaches, etc...
  • Meat: Sausage, Bacon, Chicken, Beef
  • Eggs (Omelets [still perfecting the art of omelets...], scrambled eggs)
  • Peanut Butter
  • Betty Crocker gF brownie mix, undercooked, with a spoonful of peanut butter on the top :D
The list could go on, but these are a few of my recent favorites. :)

Yesterday, I decided to pay $400 to get my brakes fixed on my $1200 car. It was extremely hard to make that decision, but it'll be worth it having a car I can drive instead of sharing with Jeremy. I'm going to trust God to bring me the money I need for the upcoming choir tour, school payments, and other living expenses. Right now, I could use prayer for:
  • Summer plans
  • Next school year plans
  • Being patient for the next step in my relationship with Jeremy
  • Getting enough sleep and staying healthy

"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer" Romans 12:11-12





1 comment:

  1. Now I'm hungry for Muddy Buddies!! Always praying for you.

    ReplyDelete